Clean Water Action is New Jersey's largest non-profit environmental organization. With over 150,000 individual members here in NJ, we are at the forefront of grassroots efforts to protect our state’s environment and public health. Clean Water Action works locally to sustain and improve environmental standards, preserve our invaluable natural resources and promote democratic processes in which the voice of the citizens determines the policy that affects our communities and quality of life.
Clean Water Action is currently hiring entry level staff to organize local grassroots campaigns to protect the health, economy, environment and livelihood of New Jersey communities. Ideal candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics and the empowerment of our fellow NJ residents.
Our staff consists of committed, professional highly skilled activists. New employees receive extensive training and continuing support on issue knowledge and campaign skills. All staff members receive regular updates given by political or environmental authorities or from within our organization. We have a strong and early focus on staff career development that involves travel and management training opportunities.
Our grassroots political organizers speak to New Jersey citizens about New Jersey issues, informing and educating the public, building support and channeling that support into action. We work on a wide variety of issues, but are currently focusing efforts on
- Clean Water: Protect NJ’s waterways to keep our drinking water and recreational areas pristine
- Open Space: Preserve open space in NJ, particularly buffer zones that protect drinking water and prevent flooding
- Environmental Justice: Ensure that our lowest income neighborhoods and most vulnerable populations are not disproportionately burdened by negative environmental externalities.
- Sustainable Energy: Promote energy efficiency and renewable energy programs that will help mitigate climate change disasters, improve overall public health, and create a green working economy
- Major medical and dental insurance
- Two weeks paid vacation per year, plus paid holidays and sick days
- Rapid advancement and management training
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with matching
- Opportunities for travel throughout the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Positive and rewarding work environment
Must be able to work weekdays from 2-10pm. Excellent communication skills required. Candidates should posses a strong commitment to environmental, social, and political justice, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor